Monday, July 11, 2011

Orange you glad....



Birthday Sundaes challenge for this week is to create a birthday card using the colors orange, green, and white. At first, I was a little freaked out by this color combination, I almost made a similar version of the card I made last time, with the Popsicles because they were the right color. But after I started to think about it, I ended up making two cards - how funny! The first one is a play on the knock knock joke..."Orange you glad I didn't say bananas". I really don't like how the whole sentiment is on the front of the card. I think I'll make it again with "Orange you glad..." on the front and "...I didn't forget your BIRTHDAY?" on the inside. Orange is from the Preserves cartridge and the punch is a Martha Stewart punch, can't remember which. I'm sure some of you out there know which one just by looking. The second card I made using the sketch for CPS #226. Flowers are from the Forever Young cart and both sentiments are computer generated. Also inspired from a recent blog hop, both cards are made using only scraps!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card you created. Great job! I am now a follower. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily is so pretty along with those great oranges! Nice use of the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards and love the doily and the flowers! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I thought the same thing and *I* set the challenge! You did a great job with the orange & sentiment - very creative! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. I love your first one. The orange is great. I love the scalloped edges. Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the orange card. Especially like the arrangement & border punch used. Like the doily card. It is elegant looking.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orange card. It's very sunshiney!

    Raina,
    scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog during the My Pink Stamper blog hop! Yes, the house opens by taking the roof off and then you can get to the cupcake inside! It's totally brilliant! My engineer husband was staring at it trying to figure it out! I got a good laugh out of that! :)

    ReplyDelete