Friday, March 4, 2011

Sympathy Card


First I've determined that I must have the longest design process ever! It takes me a very long time to take a card idea from my head and to create it in paper. It took me one week to design this sympathy card for a card swap sponsored by a local craft store. The requirements for the swap were: 1) Design a sympathy card. 2) use a flower. The card is a basic A2 card, sentiment is a digi-stamp from Rain Drop Echo Designs which was actually perfect. The flower, I made using Flower #10 from the Forever Young cartridge, I cut eight layers using 3 different sizes, squished them, connected them with a brad, and inked the edges. Background paper is MME "Best of Damask", embossed using my cuttlebug w/ the twirls and swirls folder (I think that's the name). I think if I changed the sentiment it could easily work as a wedding card. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! This is really very elegant. I love that like you say it could also be a wedding card. Great Card!!! TFS

    Also thank you for your comment on my blog, I really appreciate them all.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete