Sunday, March 20, 2011

B-day card

I made this cute cupcake card with some of the great blog candy I won from Celeste at Touched by a Butterfly. So, my daughter asked me to make a b-day card for her friend who is turning 16, her requests were that it needed to have a cupcake and needed to be girly looking. So this is what I came up with. AND she didn't like it! Said it was pretty but too little kiddish! Working with a client is sooo difficult LOL! So back to the drawing board. I made another card (which she also didn't like, can you say teenager!) but I'll post it later...

Cupcake is cut from Straight from the Nest. Paper is from the Sweet Stack and some basic cardstock. Embossed the blue part with Swiss Dots.

I'm entering this into Paper Cutz Challenge - Anything Goes and Gab Stampin Challenge - Birthday.
***Entering in Birthday Sundaes

Thanks for visting!

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute card:)

    I am now a follower:)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my t shirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have her pick out the paper so she gets what she'll like! But on the other hand you now have 2 cute cards already made for some lucky friend of yours! I just saw that paper in my stash the other day and thought it would make a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a very cute card. Love the way the pp and cupcake go together. Thanks for joining our GAB Challenge this week.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcake looks yummy! I love the back ground paper, it one of my favourites.
    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is scrumptious looking however although you state it was for a birthday there is no actual birthday reference on a card. Due to it being a prized week, I will have to remove your link. Sorry! I hope you will join us again soon.

    ~Kristie, Birthday Sundaes Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ai Adai, Thanks Kristie! I'll try again and enter a new card. (need to read better)

    Thanks everyone for the great comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is super yummy, I love it. Thank you for joining us this week at GAB Challenges.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete